팝업레이어 알림이 없습니다.
메뉴 버튼 검색 버튼

Strictly star forced to pull out of tour date after making history > 자유게시판

사이트 내 전체검색

Strictly star forced to pull out of tour date after making history

페이지 정보

작성자 Aida 댓글 0건 조회 12회 작성일 24-02-07 06:20

본문

Strictly Come Dancing star Angela Rippon was forced to pull out of the tour's glitzy show in Leeds on Thursday evening.

The broadcaster, who made history last year as the competition's eldest contestant aged 79, missed the perfomance due to a 'medical precaution'.

However after taking some time to recover she was said to be hoping to return to the stage with pro partner Kai Widdrington on Friday.  

A source told The Sun: 'She has been giving the tour her all but needed to take a break from dancing'.

'It's incredible what Angela can do on the dancefloor but her health is always a priority'.

Strictly Come Dancing star Angela Rippon was forced to pull out of the tour's glitzy show in Leeds on Thursday evening (pictured on Thursday) 

The broadcaster, who made history last year as the competition's eldest contestant aged 79, missed the perfomance after struggling with a 'medical issue' (pictured on the show in September) 

'She was advised to rest and miss a show and then see if she was up to coming back for the final night in Leeds tonight.' 

MailOnline have contacted Angela's representatives for comment. 

It comes after Angela revealed she was planning to celebrate her 80th birthday with three 'crazy days' in Las Vegas later this year.

The newsreader, 79, will toast the milestone age in October and has admitted dancing has made her 'stronger' following her age-defying stint on Strictly.

The journalist doesn't seem to have any plans to slow down, as she told Platinum magazine about her birthday blowout in Vegas: 'I'm still thinking about how to celebrate my 80th this October. 

'I had a big party when I was 60 and I said that would be the last of my parties. When I was 70 I took myself off alone to Oman and stayed in a beautiful hotel in Muscat.'

The Strictly sensation will enjoy a great company, as six of her pals promptly said yes when she mentioned the idea of a trip to Vegas trip for her 80th.

She said: 'At my age I should be allowed the latitude to do what I like and if I want to spend three crazy days in Las Vegas that's what I'll do. 

However after taking some time to recover she was said to be hoping to return to the stage with pro partner Kai Widdrington on Friday

With a source said: 'She has been giving the tour her all but needed to take a break from dancing' (pictured during the tour)  

Angela joins the star-studded line up alongside winner Ellie Leach, Bobby Brazier and Annabel Croft 

Angela previously hosted Come Dancing on BBC1 (pictured on the show in 1988) 

'In my head I've never grown up. I may not be quite as strong as I was in my 40s or 50s but I am still flexible and the dancing has made me stronger.'

The BBC star previously spoke about her age while on Strictly and said: 'I don't want people to concentrate on my age, it shouldn't be a factor in what I'm doing.

'If it's something that encourages people to think more positively about themselves as they get older, then I think that's probably a good thing, but personally in my head, I've been 30 for the last 40 years. It's not something that really concerns me.

During a candid chat, Angela previously admitted she is feeling in the 'best Shape Kapseln of her life' after appearing on the BBC series. 

The broadcaster revealed: 'I feel in the best shape of my life. I've lost about a stone from when I started the show.'

The TV star also admitted she may have even made dance her career if there had been more options when she was young. 

She told The Mirror: 'I don't care how late it's come. I'm loving it. So many people go through life with a 'what-if' moment - through Strictly now I get to scratch that itch.'

Speaking of the tour she said: 'The 17-year-old me who would love to have been a professional dancer, she's been 60 years in the wings, waiting patiently. Now I'm unleashing her. In my head I'm still only 30. I really am having the time of my life.' 

BBCLeedsKai WiddringtonBirmingham

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

MENTORS

멘토스북
대표자 : Chris Suh
경기도 성남시 분당구 분당로 53번길 12 313-1
사업자등록번호 : 453-94-01589
통신판매업신고번호 : 제 2022-성남분당A-1065호
Tel: 031-604-0025
Fax: 031-696-5221
Email: help@mentors114.co.kr
이용약관 개인정보처리방침

OPENING HOURS

Monday 9am -6pm
Tuesday 9am -6pm
Wednesday 9am -6pm
Thursday 9am -6pm
Friday 9am -6pm

STAY IN TOUCH

ⓒ Copyright 2014 by Mentors Publishing all rights reserved.